I love surprises. Sure, most dogs thrive on routine and I am no exception. My days are fun yet predictable: walks, belly rubs, chow time, long naps, sweet kisses from mom (my favorite), sound of dad snoring (not my favorite), sleep, wake up and do it all over again. When something unexpected comes along in my life to break up the mundane, I am beyond excited. Nervous, happy, pee kind of excited!
When the kind folks at CloudStar.com approached me to do a review of some of their Wag More Bark Less products, I leapt off the couch at the chance. My first order of business was to do a little research on the company. I nosed around their website and discovered that Cloud Star began their wholesome, healthy dog treat line with a product named the Buddy Biscuit. It may be coincidence or kismet but it is kind of neat that I began my residency in Massachusetts at a shelter called Buddy Dog. This had me feeling like my buddies from Cloud Star and I were off to a great start.
My treat package arrived quickly and quietly. It is interesting to note that a new delivery guy started servicing my area around the same time my Cloud Star package arrived. He seemed to intuitively know – or had he been warned? – to drop the package at the garage and slowly back away toward his truck. Either way, this simple, smart act he delivered along with my treats made me immediately Wag More and Bark Less. Thanks, new delivery dude.
Okay, okay, I am getting to the good stuff: the treats! I received a box of Wag More Bark Less Oven Baked Dog Treats in the Pumpkin Pie Recipe flavor. Mom is kind of a stickler when it comes to ingredients and she was thrilled with these all natural, wheat-free treats. With glee she read off some of the ingredients: barley flour, oatmeal, rice bran, pumpkin, whole oats, and chickpea flour. Those words made her happy which meant I got to move on to the taste test. Finally! I am happy to report that the Pumpkin Pie Recipe treats boast a nice crunch to go along with their delectable flavor. I look forward to trying the Apple Smoked Bacon, Chicken Pot Pie, and Peanut Butter Cookie varieties soon. Very soon. Like, if you are reading this please arrange for a delivery, okay?
Moving on to the Wag More Bark Less Soft & Chewy Dog Treats. I received two varieties of these soft and tasty nuggets of a dog treat: Apple Smoked Bacon and Peanut Butter Cookie. The fact that chickpeas are the first ingredient listed in these natural and wheat-free treats made mom ecstatic. She is a chickpea kind of chick. Whole chickpeas go in a whole lot of her favorite recipes: chilies, soups, lasagnas, and salads. Given this, I may have tasted a “just dropped on the kitchen floor delicious and nutritious” chickpea or two in my time. I am happy to report that my new favorite soft dog treats have chickpeas as a main ingredient. The Apple Smoked Bacon has a sweet and smoky flavor while the Peanut Butter Cookie has a sweet and nutty flavor. The Chicken Pot Pie and Pumpkin Pie Recipe varieties are on my “must try soon” list as well.
Some people have me confused with a sommelier because during my walks I am often overheard rejoicing, “smelly, yeah!” I am not in the business of pairing wine with food, but in the spirit of being a good sport, I highly recommend pairing any of the Wag More Bark Less treats with a clean bowl of H2O from the 2013 Household Tap Collection.
PS Thanks for the Wag More Bark Less stickers and magnets. I have put them to good use!
Share and Enjoy
The other day I settled into the couch for what I thought would be one of my many daily naps but my slumber was disrupted when my mom created quite a ruckus. She lugged a bunch of crazy stuff into the living room, grabbed the camera and started clicking away. I thought to myself…so this is how it is? While the dog’s asleep, the mom will creep?
Normally I’m the subject of her photo shoots, so instead of waiting for an invite that may never come, I decided to join. Mom mumbled something about this being a “closed set” for her latest blog post and she tried in vain to turn me away. I wouldn’t retreat, so she decided to turn the camera on me instead. I did some downward facing dogs, invited some of my babies to the party and successfully hijacked mom’s photo shoot.
Once again I’ve solidified my position as the subject of her photo shoot but it does leave me wondering…is this a case of life intimidating art? Or art imitating life?
Share and Enjoy
Dachshund through the snow
In a one hound open sleigh
(and over the fields we go)
Barking all the way
(ruff ruff ruff)
Share and Enjoy
While I am familiar with the saying, “it’s better to give than to receive”, I think it’s pretty fantastic when holiday gifts are picked out just for me. True, pets appreciate the simple things in life like a warm spot to nap, a pat on the head, or that extra walk at the end of the day. So when a new toy or treat shows up, we are ecstatic! Make it a happy holiday for your faithful cat and dog friends with a little something special from my Seven Gifts For Pets.
1. Bon voyage! I can think of a couple of cats I would lovingly send on a one-way flight out of my neighborhood, like the orange Scottish Fold who behaves more like a peeping Tomcat by peering into my ground-level windows or the grey Burmese who gets into an attack pose every time I approach her. She does not scare me, but a smaller dog may get frightened. I am just looking out for the young pups in the neighborhood, I swear. Enter the bomb bomber Airplane Cat House and all my Amelia Cathart aspirations take flight!
2. She had me at “woof”. Our young love story was just getting off the ground when she was quite literally picked up off the floor and whisked away in a stylish East Side Collection Quilted I Love U Carrier. Your canine cutie will look forward to running errands with you and breaking hearts along the way in this adorable soft-sided tote adorned with a bird, heart and rose design along with pink trim and handles.
3. Fa la la la yum. Deer drops may not sound like a tasty treat to you, my human friends, but trust me when I tell you they are delicious! It’s highly unlikely you will give real deer drops to your canine friend as a holiday gift, but how about this lovely Wonderland Gift Box from the Barkery? The Deer Drops are Graham cracker cookies dipped in carob and are accompanied by yummy yogurt Christmas tree cookies.
4. Pizza’s here! Share a piece of the pie with the catnip craving kitty in your life. Catnip Cafe is serving up fresh handmade slices of veggie, pepperoni, cheese lovers, peppers and supreme pizza all loaded with organic catnip. Your relaxed kitty will be left purring about the best pizza pie in town! And, yes, they do deliver.
5. Is your pooch nauti or ice? For those of us living in colder climates water turns to ice in the winter so the Petrageous Designs Cheyenne Boots will keep our precious paws safe from harsh road salt and sand, treacherous snowy and icy sidewalks and the threat of the dreaded frostbite. Once the ice thaws, we outdoorsy types can enjoy water sports and put safety first with the nautical print Paws Aboard Nauti Dog Life Jacket. This beach bound hound is looking forward to hours of fun in the sun and surf next summer. My future is so bright I might need to wear shades.
6. Laser-like focus. It’s no secret that cats love to chase laser lights across the floor, up the walls and onto the furniture they go! The FroliCat BOLT Laser Cat Toy gives your feline friend ample opportunity to experience the thrill of the laser light chase. The toy can be hand held or placed on a flat surface for your convenience. Happy hunting kitty, I know you will catch that red beam one of these days!
7. ID Tag! You’re it! I won’t ever forget the day my humans rescued me from the shelter. Truth is they act like I rescued them. I give unconditional love, affection and loyalty, and in return I receive all of those things plus a warm home, food, toys, treats, fun outings, and the list goes on and on. I oblige them and just roll with it. The special cat or dog who rescued you will wear this pretty and practical I Rescued My Human Pet ID tag with pride.
Share and Enjoy