When I was younger, I would make gifts for my parents and grandparents for Christmas…a macaroni frame, a glitter pine cone ornament, drawings, paintings, ceramic hand prints, etc. I was a kid and giving those types of gifts were acceptable at the time. I still like to make homemade gifts but I would like them to be a little more sophisticated. Thanks to Pinterest, sharing homemade gift giving ideas has become easier and far more creative. Here are a few of my favorite DIY gift idea finds.
1. Backgammon Board–The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking
Do you have a gamer in your circle? This cute tray transformed into a backgammon board is a great idea.
2. Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub–The Idea Room
The holiday’s can be stressful. Help de-stress someone’s day by giving them a homemade scrub.
3. Homemade Popcorn Gift Set–Real Food. Real Deals.
Jazz up anyone’s popcorn with this cute homemade gift set.
4. Homemade Vanilla Extract–The Italian Dish
I know that I go through a lot of vanilla extract over the holidays. I love this idea of giving homemade extract.
5. Frozen Cookie Dough–Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
This is a great idea. Instead of baking cookies, give frozen cookie dough. That way they can bake it when a sweet tooth is coming on.
6. Wineglass Candleholder–All You
This adorable candle holder would be a nice addition to any holiday table.
7. Picture Frame Tray–A Thoughtful Place
This is a simple project that can be done with materials that you might already have on hand.
And for lots of other great “do it yourself” ideas, check out my DIY Pinterest board and start creating.