This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameForBasketball #CollectiveBias This post is not medical advice.
I absolutely love eating a big bowl of chili while cheering on my favorite college basketball teams, especially during the month of March. The school rivalries and red-hot games inspire me to relive my glory days on the court. I have to admit, I have been known to
occasionally frequently overeat and periodically routinely overexert myself. What can I say? I’m a good-time glutton.
Don’t Let Pain Sideline You, Be #GameForBasketball
It’s a good idea to stock up on great Pfizer products, such as Advil, at Walmart. I like having it on hand so I am ready for anything. When I push myself too hard on the court, Advil allows me to enjoy the moments without being hindered by aches and pain. We all want that, right? Walmart is the best place to get everything I need to make the basketball watching – and playing – season a pleasurable one. Nothing’s stronger, longer lasting or better on your tough aches and pains than Advil*. Today, I am pleased to share an Advil coupon with you for extra savings.
Lentil Chili Recipe, No Matter What Team You Play For
Good food, good company, and good basketball naturally go together. That makes game day a great day to flex my cooking muscles. I have been trying to prepare meals more often, but I run the risk of committing a foul in the kitchen. You see, I am a vegetarian while my Dear Wife (and head cheerleader) indulges her carnivorous cravings. Fear not, for this versatile lentil chili recipe can be easily transformed from vegetarian fare to a meat-filled creation. I guess that’s why I call it the Double Dribbler!
Double Dribbler Lentil Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 carrots unpeeled, washed, and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled OR 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 cups water
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 lb dry brown lentils rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 29 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese sour cream, or other favorite chili topper, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, green bell peppers, red sweet pepper, and tofu OR ground beef over medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
Beyond the Double Dribbler Lentil Chili Recipe
If you are looking for a tasty pasta dish, please check out my pasta with basil, feta, olives and tomato recipe. And, there’s something for every palate on our Bake! Cook! Eat! Drink! Pinterest board.
(*Among OTC brands)