I am crazy about pumpkin. It’s one of those brilliant “do it all” foods like the egg or the potato. You can dress it up in pretty much any kind of costume…savory soups and pasta dishes, sweet cookies and cakes and even delicious beer. If you use fresh pumpkin you can roast and eat the seeds or use it as a vessel to hold your delectable concoctions or to serve up your favorite beverages.
I have always loved the classic, simple, perfect pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Real whipped cream, where you put the bowl and the beaters from the mixer in the freezer ahead of time and then whip it up right before you’re ready for dessert, but I digress. Sometimes you need something else pumpkin-y though, so I started gathering pictures of pumpkin recipes so when the mood strikes me, I’ll have some to choose from. Here’s a few I want to try first.
1. Pumpkin Ice Bucket — Bryn Alexandra
2. Roasted Pumpkin Sage Soup — Skinnytaste
3. Pumpkin Pizza with Crispy Sage — Two Peas and Their Pod
4. Fresh Pumpkin Ice Cream — Cooking Stoned
5. Pumpkin Ale and Pretzel Caramels — From My Sweet Heart
6. Perfect Pumpkin Cookies — My Baking Addiction
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte Krispie Treats — Inside BruCrew Life
8. Pumpkin Goat Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo with Crispy Fried Sage — Closet Cooking
9. Drunken Pumpkin Seeds — CopyCake Cook
And if you’re looking for some more inspiration, here’s the patch of pumpkin pins I put together.