It’s no secret that Kat Treats and the MyUntangled Life crew love slow cooking. Just check out our Slow Cooker Recipes Pinterest board to see how much we think about it!
When I make a recipe in the slow cooker it usually provides us with at least three or four meals. I always freeze at least two meals’ worth for nights when a quick dinner is in order. After about a year with my slow cooker, there are several recipes that we make in a pretty steady rotation like my Chicken Tikka Masala recipe. I am always trying to freshen up my repertoire and to find a few new uses for the slow cooker. Here are a few recipes I am thinking of trying:
1. I am really curious about this recipe for Crock Pot Indian Butter Chicken from Your Home Based Mom.
2. Pork cooks really well in the slow cooker, but I am looking for some recipes that go beyond BBQ pulled pork. (Not that there’s anything wrong with it!) This Slow Cooker Cuban Pork from i heart eating sounds like a winner.
4. Though I always think of making a meal in the slow cooker, lately I have been seeing a lot of interesting recipes for sides. These Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes by Six Sisters’ Stuff look simple and satisfying.
5. My Maple-Apple Oatmeal smells great when you wake up and find it ready to eat. Still, something tells me that this Apple French Toast Casserole by I Can Cook That would smell just as delicious for those mornings when you feel like being a little bit naughty.
6. Though I have been skeptical about whether or not you could bake something tasty in the slow cooker for dessert, it seems it might just be possible. If King Arthur Flour posted this recipe for Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Fudge Cake, it has to be good. Here’s one question that I will be more than happy to research.
Other MyUntangled Life bloggers are also joining the revolution. Andy and his wife had fun with a Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage. And a great option for vegetarians is Chef Jake’s Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry.