Gluten-Free Black Bean and Blueberry Brownies
These black and blue brownies will knock you out but don’t worry they won’t leave your diet bruised! These dark squares of ooey gooey goodness weigh in at just 132 calories so they can be squeezed into any healthy eating plan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup blueberry applesauce (I used one snack-size container)
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips additional may be used for presentation
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries additional may be used for presentation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease an 8x8 pan; set aside.
Put all ingredients, except chocolate chips and blueberries, into a food processor; process until brownie batter mixture is smooth.
Stir chocolate chips and blueberries into brownie mixture using a spoon.
Pour brownie mixture into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes.
Let brownies cool completely, then cut into 12 squares.