The Essential Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
These chewy cookies have a great texture thanks to a bit of vinegar in the recipe. The chocolate chips in these really shine through. It will be hard to eat just one.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silpats.
Cream the butter, sugars, corn syrup and vinegar in a mixer. Add eggs and mix until combined. Then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Beat in the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
Drop the dough by tablespoonful onto baking sheets.
Bake cookies for 10 minutes, until they are just set. (The middles might look a bit underdone.)
Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.